Tuesday, November 24, 2009

DIY Snowflake Garland










UPDATE: You can now find this tutorial and downloadable pattern HERE on my new blog.



snowflake banner

This snowflake Garland is very inexpensive and easy to make. You will need some "Stiff Felt" in white or your desired color, some ric rac or ribbon, sharp scissors, a hot glue gun, sequins, and a needle with thread.
snowflakebanner
Update:  1)PATTERN & TUTORIAL is now on my New blog!
2) Cut out the paper snowflakes for a pattern.
3) Trace Pattern onto some stiff felt.
4) Cut snowflakes out of stiff felt.
5) Use a hot glue gun to glue sequins or embellishments to the center of each snowflake.
snowflake banner
6) Using white thread, hand sew each snowflake to ric rac or ribbon to make your snowflake garland.
7) Find a fun place to hang your garland and enjoy!
snowflake banner



14 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

OMG this is sooo fantastic!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Bookmarking it for future projects :D

littlechrissy said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Just the thing we need to cool us down in our Brisbane summer.

donna mikasa said...

super, super cute!

elizabeth said...

Wonder if I can get the family to finish getting the house ready for Thanksgiving guests tonight so I can run to Hobby Lobby for supplies!!! This is gorgeous!

Priscilla Robertson said...

Very cute, now I have to go out and find some stiff felt... maybe I can get the kids to help cut all those snowflakes, lol I linked it to my blog!! :) http://biskitznmuffins.blogspot.com/

Diane Bohn said...

So cute! I love it! :) p.s. I gave you an award on my blog: dbByDesign.blogspot.com

Kelly and Tara said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! I have ~8 more hours of Thanksgiving travel ahead of me... I may go get the pieces today and cut in the car!

Jane said...

Awesome project!! And I'll be posting about this tomorrow!

Talk of the Town said...

I love this Holly! I wish I had it on the car trip I just took. It would have been a great use for my hands.

Lynette C said...

Hi, where can I buy the stiff felt and white ric rac. Lots of the ric rac for scrapbooking are colored and not white. I love to make this with my kids as a December activities. I will hang them at the fireplace and the entry to our backyard. But first have to get the material.

suBringas said...

I love this so much, it'll go with the snowflakes in my window. Thank you so much!! I've blogged about it...

Bri said...

How much felt did you use (sheets)?

Unknown said...

where is the pattern? it;s no longer on the link you posted :(

paperella said...

I can't access this blog anymore. The pattern can now be found here: http://hollybrookejones.blogspot.com/2013/11/diy-felt-snowflake-banner-tutorial.html